Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Here's to what we DO have! Cheers!

Well, I wish I had some pictures of my kids to post, but today I don't. Yesterday, I was talking with my friend- we'll call her Lori who said, " I have been in a bad mood for a month!" Well, I think I have been in a "Bad Mood" for longer than that! There is sure a lot of depressing things going on in the world, even within our families and friends. I have been thinking a lot and trying to make sense of it all- of course I don't have any answers yet- but I was reading this article my Mom gave me today, (it was concerning Financial Freedom,) and it had the 10-10-80 plan. It said for you to put 10% of your income in savings, then 10%- you give to a charity, then you make do with the other 80%. It said that even though you may be having a hard time financially, giving away something each month, makes you even that much more grateful for what you have.

And so, I am grateful for my good family and friends (who keep me sain- daily and joke with me, make me smile, and watch out for me,) a roof over my head, a job and my darling girls- who are so sassy I could just ground them forever- but in the next minute have me laughing my guts out!

With this all said, and nothing really being solved- I leave you with a thought my Dad and Grandma Deon have always told me, "Keep your Chins up- this too shall pass!"

3 comments:

Crystal P said...

There sure is a lot going on in the world, and in our family lately (although with us not down there anymore, I probably don't know what all of it is). One thing that I have learned from our past year of troubles is that as long as Bryan and I are together, we can get through anything. I'm so grateful for my little family.

Richins Family said...

You are doing great! We sure love you and your family! Remember to be happy!

Bon said...

I love this post Natalie! It is true that when people are having a hard time we tend to find bad or our bad moods spill over into the rest of our lives. But the Lord has blessed us with so much and things could always be worse ! I just love ya to pieces and thanks again for the insight!!:)