Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Spring Break Project!

Okay, so I have had a hankerin for a while to do some home improvement stuff. I got some ideas from Nathaniel's sister and then it evolved into our own. SO, I have been planning since January to do this project in the girl's rooms during Spring Break. Well, this is how it went.....

I got a little excited, so I started the Thursday before the break in Katelin's room. Here are some before/during pictures:









As you can see, there was a time that I was wondering what I had gotten myself into. However, the finish product turned out pretty good. (That was after I had to keep running in to watch little clips on You Tube on How to.....!)






So by Wednesday during Spring Break- I was pooped! I sort of had to "veg" before starting Alecia's room- but that night it began.
Before:





After:



Nathaniel was totally supportive- he was sort of excited to learn with me- Now, as we speak, he is in remodeling the girl's bathroom! Holy Cow!!! But, it is good, we need to make our little home have some more character!

7 comments:

Taylors said...

I love the rooms! You are pretty fast! That would lake me months to do with the chair rail and the bead board! I usually start projects and then get tierd of them so Rick finishes them :) Those rooms are so cute!

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!!!!!! You did such a great job! If I would of known about it I would of shown up with my cutting brush. You should be so proud of yourself!!

Taylor Fam said...

totally awesome! I love it and I wish i had your ambition to do that to my kids rooms! I can't wait to see it in real life.

becky comstock said...

That looks so good Natalie. And to tackle it during the school year. Mark and I try to do something each summer. You are quite talented to do 2 rooms in one week! I am impressed,

Steph and Hunter said...

How cute! I bet your girls love the finished product too! Oh, and here is a a shout out to YouTube for teaching us all the things we need to know! Ha ha!

Bon said...

Great job Nat! The rooms look amazing and you did such a fantastic job!!!

Wynd said...

The rooms look so great! I am so impressed, you got so much done just over spring break.